During lockdown due to COVID-19, 55% of men and 34% of women reported weight gain. This is not shocking as many people were unable to leave their homes.
As lockdown regulations are lifting, many are ready to get back to a healthy lifestyle. If you found yourself gaining a few pounds during quarantine, you aren’t alone. Use these exercises for muffin tops for guidance.
Hip dips are one of the best exercises for muffin tops because it helps to tone the obliques and waistline in general. Here’s how to do it:
- Get into a plank position
- Lower your plank to the forearms by bending your elbows
- Roll to one side of the forearm to get into a side plank position
- Put your hand on your hip and have one leg over the over
- Dip your hips down to the floor and lift back up
- Do 10 on one side then roll to the other side for 10 more
Pull in those abs and feel the burn to get rid of those love handles!
The butt lift is another one of the muffin top exercises that tones your abs and obliques. It also helps you lift your butt, hence the exercise name. This is how to get it done:
- Lie on your back with your feet flat to the floor and knees bent
- Lift your butt until your knees to your shoulders are a straight line
- Lower down your butt again
- Repeat for 15-20 times
If you aren’t feeling the results, you aren’t doing the exercise right.
Another exercise to help you get rid of a muffin top is hip twists. They are also known as waist whittlers because they do just that. You can start this exercise by:
- Getting down into a forearm plank (your elbows should be directly under your shoulders)
- Twist your left hip to the side and touch it to the floor
- Repeat step two with the right side
- Do 20-30 twists or go for 30 seconds
This is a quicker exercise, but you must be intentional with your movements to see results.
To get rid of love handles, you can try bicycle crunches. This is one of the most effective ab exercises to help with muffin top fat. Do this exercise by:
- Lie on your back and lift your feet with your knees bent (your calves should be parallel to the floor)
- Put your hands behind your head to support your neck
- Bring your left knee to your right elbow while straightening out the right leg
- Do the same thing with the right knee to your left elbow while straightening out the left leg
- Continue to alternate between the two legs for about 1 minute
Keep in mind that your legs should never hit the floor. You want to imitate the movement of riding a bike.
If none of the exercises seem right for you, you can join a gym and get the help of personal trainers. Check out BionicGym Reviews to see if it is right for you.
Exercises for Muffin Tops That You Should Try
There’s no shame in gaining some quarantine weight. In fact, there is greatness in working out to better your body and life. If you are trying to get rid of love handles, do these exercises for muffin tops at least 5/7 days of the week.
When you work hard, you’ll start to see results in no time! For more great reads, check out the posts on our blog.